Re: [foxboro] Annunciator Keyboard LEDs

  • From: "Wetton, Richard J" <WettonRJ@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 11:44:42 +1000

Why don't you configure the alarm manager button to silence the horn as =
well as acknowledge them (one action) to encourage the operators to do =
both at the same time?  In our case every display has a page acknowledge =
button that does a page ack and silence horn, so the silence button on =
the annunciator rarely gets used.

E.G.  In the alarm manager configuration for the ACK ALARM button =
something like...

   ackalm
   send_to_dm -dm $DMNAME dmcmd horns 238 4

Use ackpage instead of ackalm, for the ACK PAGE button.

Richard Wetton.
BP Refinery Bulwer Island.