Re: [foxboro] Alarms one line

  • From: "Jim Kahlden" <James.Kahlden@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 07:45:16 -0500

Brad,
You might want to look at Visual Alert by Total Technology Solutions.  They are
listed on The Cassandra website under Other Resources and Links.  Here is their
website.

http://www.2tsi.com/software.htm

Jim Kahlden
System Reliability Analyst
Lower Colorado River Authority
Fayette Power Project
6549 Power Plant Road
La Grange, TX 78945
(979) 249-8514 (Ph)
(979) 249-8390 (Fax)
jim.kahlden@xxxxxxxx

>>> brad.s.wilson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx 10/25/2005 7:25:34 AM >>>
I'm unfamiliar with this " imac " application. We have been without alarm
retention for a long time (since noone would maintain our printers) and I
keep meaning to put a PC in place. Although I realize that collecting text
data over a serial port is not rocket science, the only application I've
ever seen doing this is ProComm ... and that was a few years ago. What
cheap and easy methods are there for this?

Brad Wilson
ExxonMobil Chemical Co
Edison Synthetics Plant
732-321-6115