Re: [foxboro] AW70 Shutdown

  • From: "Heap, Barry" <barry.heap@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2004 14:15:13 +1100

Ken,
The pulldown in FV simply fires of the /usr/fox/system32/foxshutdown
command.

The syntax of foxshutdown appears to be:

foxshutdown restart time ["message"]

where:
restart = 0 (shutdown) or 1 (restart)
time = seconds before shutdown
message = anything you want to say on the pop-up

So, to shutdown in 5 seconds it would be: foxshutdown 0 5 "Shutting down"
and to restart in 17 seconds would be: foxshutdown 1 17 "Restarting"

You could build a shortcut on the desktop with these commands if you wish,
but we normally use the pulldown because we can restrict access to this
function to specified Environments.

I have had to use this in those rare instances where FV has died and I need
to reboot the AW70 as elegantly as possible (i.e. not using Windows restart,
or worse, the power switch!)

Regards,

Barry Heap
Foxboro Australia