Re: [foxboro] AIM Historian

  • From: "Doucet, Terrence" <tdoucet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 08:06:42 -0400

Martijn,

Thank you for your suggestion.  I did think about DTIME but at 10 =
buckets per block with 10 seconds period that means 9 DTIME blocks per =
(15 minutes) signal or 900 DTIME blocks.  I was hoping that a single =
C-program reading an ascii file listing all my C:B.P of the signals then =
setting a BOOL.VALUE (if TRUE) would be much easier to maintain. The =
values are already inside the Historian.

We also looked at using IND blocks to move the measurements through a =
matrix every 10 seconds for 15 minutes. On a test bed, this worked fine =
but for the 100 signals, the memory required  in the CP is too high to =
make this practical.

I appreciate your response and it may be the way to go in the end but it =
makes the maintenance of this application a little difficult if a =
specification change (eg. 20 minutes instead of 15 minutes) is required =
later.

Terry