Re: [foxboro] 8.5 Domain Controller

  • From: "Wilson, James" <Jim.Wilson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2010 12:26:49 -0400

We asked a similar question with regard to running IA boxes on virtual
machines.  IA servers have to be shut down to a single CPU.  We thought we
could dedicate a single CPU to an IA virtual machine and use the rest of the
power for virtual machines running other applications.  However, we were told
it wouldn't work because of the custom drivers IA uses for the nip cards
connected to the MESH.  It probably is not possible to put domain controller in
a virtual machine if it is on the MESH.

With any "non-standard" configuration, you run the risk of getting a "sorry,
not supported" answer when you call TAC for help.

Jim Wilson