Re: [foxboro] 100 Series FBM Reliability Data

  • From: dirk.pauwels@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 15:43:52 +0200

I did not hear of it, but it seems like the logical way to go....after all,
our systems are running  24/7, replacing an FBM100 by an FBM200 required a
new baseplate, thus most of the time also a new cabinet......

Although it would be a good thing for emergency replacement for those of us
who do not have spare FBM100's , I would not consider replacing all of my
FBM100's by FBM200 in this way, because if we do a complete upgrade to new
FBM's I would prefer new baseplates & re-wire new cabinets, just to get rid
of the old & dusty wiring mess in the old cabinets...... We have some new
FBM200 cabinets and it's so much easier for everyone to work on

Dirk Pauwels - DCS/MOC coordinator
Engineering dept.
Hexion Specialty Chemicals
E mail: dirk.pauwels@xxxxxxxxxx
T.  +32.(0)3.570.95.97
F.  +32.(0)3.570.16.09
Mob. +32.(0)497.428.300

             "Moore, Kenneth,
             Celanese/US"
             <ken.e.moore@cela                                          To
             nese.com>                 <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
             foxboro-bounce@fr
             eelists.org                                           Subject
                                       Re: [foxboro] 100 Series FBM
                                       Reliability Data
             19-10-2007 14:39

             Please respond to
             foxboro@freelists
                   .org

 My sales rep. mentioned that Foxboro was working on a project to use
200 series hardware in a 100 series form factor. That way existing
customers could replace defective 100 series modules with 200 series
electronics, and not have to re-wire. Has anyone else heard of this
project?=20

Ken Moore
Celanese
Enoree, SC