[foxboro] Thin Clients

  • From: Brian Long <blong@xxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2013 10:52:58 -0600

We’ve been using thin clients for the past few years using the RDP function
logging into P90’s.  They work well, are a very simple to maintain and
inexpensive.  We’ve started having an issue from time to time though that I
can’t explain.   After some period of time, (months), if the thin client is
turned off, when we go to log back in we get the error no RDP license
available.  Simply changing the thin client using the same IP address fixes
the issue.  If we take the failed client and plug into another network it
functions just fine.  Putting it back on the original network we get the
same error.    Re-starting server, re-starting switches, changing IP’s
makes no difference.  Clients can always ping the server and ARP table in
the server clears.  We have the same trouble with Wyse and HP thin clients.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Brian Long

Arkansas Kraft