[foxboro] Restoring AW51B to larger drive

  • From: "Rarden, Tim" <tim.rarden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 13:20:24 -0400

All,
Status update on this problem:  I have successfully restored the LARGER
drive with backup tape from the original system.  However, to get it to
restore and reboot without  the "cannot mount root" error I had to
restore everything EXCEPT the root directory.  I did this by REM'ing out
all lines in the QF #991274D restore script that had to do with root
directory file system creation and restore.

Any ideas from this point?  What consequences will I have by not
restoring root from the old system?  I know that the HOST file is
located in the root somewhere.  Is there anything else that is critical?
Any ideas as to what is being restored when I do restore the root
directory that is causing my problems?

Thanks for all of your help on this!

Best Regards,

Tim Rarden

Process Control Engineer

SMART PAPERS HOLDINGS LLC
"You're Brilliant. We're SMART. Imagine the Possibilities"
601 N. B Street
Hamilton, OH 45013
(Direct) 513-869-5278

(Cell)   513-240-6680