[foxboro] Reply to Neil Martin

  • From: "Johnson, Alex (Foxboro)" <ajohnson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 11:57:03 -0500

Re: V8.1

The target date for V8.1 is late summer 2005.

The core elements are:

1) ATS
2) 100-Series I/O Support for FCP270 and ZCP270
3) Associated software changes

Solaris users don't panic. The project is budgeted for the FY05/06, but
won't complete by late summer 2005 so it will be post-V8.1. We need the ATS
and 100-Series I/O support out yesterday.

Nothing beyond this list should be expected at this point though it is
possible that more might be included. Also, ALL quotations for V8.1 have to
go through our commitment control process before we can make an offer.

Re: In a mixed CP270, CP40a, CP60 environment, at 8.1, can we have the AW70
host the CP270s, and the remaining CPs still hosted by an AW51 station?

Yes. The AW51 stations can remain on the Nodebus unchanged doing what they
have always done.

If the AW70 is hosting CPs, it will need to run CSA as well.

Invensys Process Systems
Invensys Systems, Inc.
10707 Haddington
Houston, TX 77043