[foxboro] Reducing OM scan % load - Infusion

  • From: Dominic Mancl <dmancl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 12:47:03 -0500

Dear all-knowing list
I have two FCP270's with an OM scan % load approximately 4% higher than
the maximum recommended. They both have multiple independent sequence
blocks direct addressing values in another processor. Would reducing the
scan rate of the independent sequence blocks and offsetting the cycles
help to lower the OM scan %? Also one has multiple values been read and
written to from a Delta V system through OPC, wondering if that would
increase the OM scan %? I haven't found a very clear definition of what
affects this value or what you can do to lower it if needed other than
getting another processor.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
--
Dominic Mancl