[foxboro] RBatch Report data > Excel

  • From: Jriccardi@xxxxxxx
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2002 13:12:34 EDT

Folks,

I have a need to get info from RBatch I Reports into Excel and am looking for
advice on how; if it is even possible.  I assume AIM* may be the tool, but
the question I have revolves around the source of the data.  I cannot locate
much info on the RBatch Report structure (it appears to be fixed), so as near
as I can tell, I am stuck with the RBatch fixed-width text files.

The RBatch Report files are tied to the batch/recipe numbers, and are
event-based.  Therefore, the same data is not always available in the same
location in the report for each batch/recipe (depends on other events that
occurred during the batch cycle).  So if I simply import the report's text
file into Excel, the data I need is not always in the correct column.  So now
it requires much manual manipulation (some of it imports into the correct
columns OK) to move the data into the correct columns.

I doubt upgrades to the latest Foxboro Batch package is an option, so is
there a "Plan B" for getting this data into Excel without all of the manual
intervention?  I would appreciate any advice or direction on this subject.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Joseph M. Riccardi
www.eRiccardi.com
(440)-458-4411         Business