[foxboro] New script file

  • From: duc.do@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 08:38:07 -0400

Corey Clingo's shell script is the latest addition to the Cassandra
Project's archive of tools. For more information about his script, please
read the attached e-mail, which, as you will see, is made into the readme
file for his script.

    http://www.thecassandraproject.org/archive.html (under shell scripts)
    http://www.thecassandraproject.org/archive2.html (under Alarm & Display
utils)

Thanks, Corey.

Duc

--
The Cassandra Project
http://www.thecassandraproject.org/

>From: Corey R Clingo <clingoc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>To: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 11:10:58 -0500
>Subject: Idle DM shutdown script
>
>I wrote this little script to keep all our DM licenses from being "locked"
by
>folks who called up remote DMs on their PCs and left them up during coffee
>breaks, vacations, etc.  It prefs the values of PICK1 (currently selected
C:B:P)
>and ST0 (name of current display) periodically to see if the remote DM user
has
>done anything in the DM window.  It is crude but fairly effective.
>
>It is a ksh script, run in the background, so you invoke it like this:
>
>nohup kill_idle_dm.sh 2>&1 >/dev/null &
>
>There are several variables that control the script's operation
>
>DELAY - number of seconds between checks for "idle" DMs
>DM_INACT_LIMIT - number of times a DM can appear "idle" before the script
kills
>it
>DMNAMES - names of DMs to monitor
>MYNAME - the string used in the "killed by" message the user gets when the
DM is

http://www.messagelabs.com/stats.asp