[foxboro] Informix Star: access tables from another AW

  • From: "Weiss, Andreas" <Andreas.Weiss@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 17:44:57 +0200

Hi,

my first steps trying to access an informix table residing on a
different AW51C were not successful.

The sql statements are for example

select id from rootdbs@AW51C:all_points
select id from historian@AW51C:all_points

The first error message was

 931: Cannot locate sqlexec service/tcp service in /etc/services.

That drives me to modify the /etc/services file by adding two entries

sqlexec         1525/tcp
sqlturbo        1526/tcp

Another attempt to run the sql statements results in another error
message

   908: Attempt to connect to database server (aw51c) failed.
 Bad file number

Is someone familiar with Informix star?

Regards
Andreas