[foxboro] ICC Print at 60 lines

  • From: "Hicks, Gaylon F." <gfhicks@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "'foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 08:57:48 -0400

Dear Source of All Foxboro Knowledge,

We have a AW51B set up with a remote printer (HP5si) on the second Ethernet
card.  It prints text just dandy, but when I print from the ICC
(Compound:Block.parameter print), I get an overrun on the output - it is
formatted for 66 lines per page versus the 60 lines per page standard on the
HP laserjets.  I can do the easy thing and set the printer up for 66 lines
per page, but that is an annoying work around (and just crams 66 lines on 10
inches of paper).

Where/how is the ICC print output file (/usr/tmp/<AWlbug>print) formatted
with the date/time, filename, and page number?  I'm sure it is somewhere
glaringly obvious and I've probably looked at it three or four times, but I
must bare my ignorance to the list and appeal for help.  I would think that
is where I need to go to "tweak" the output for 60 lines per page.  So far
it appears to my simple mind that using "lpadmin" to set the form length
doesn't work.

This is a minor thing that has just really annoyed me to no end.  I will not
rest until I defeat the machine.

Thanks,

Gaylon Hicks
TVA - Browns Ferry NP