[foxboro] IACC

  • From: "Brazell, Troy L Jr" <TLBrazell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Foxboro User Group Foxboro User Group" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 11:49:58 -0400

 =20

I hope someone can help with this problem. Foxboro has been no help at
all, usually they are very helpful, but in this case it's like they just
don't care and I have yet to talk to anyone who can speak English.

I have a new XP 2003 Server running 8.3 that I am staging for an upgrade
in two weeks. I am talking to a CP60 through an ATS setup mesh. I have a
mix of 100 and 200 series IO. IACC is version 2.3 with QF1009469
installed as per TAC. The control data base is being loaded from a
FoxCAE NT Save-all disk.

Issues:

Only the 200 series IO show up in Sys Management.

The FCMS all are there, but no ECB show up as children.

They do show up in Fox Select

=20

Second issue:

The block execution order comes in as crap. Requiring a good amount of
time to fix.

Once I have fixed the execution order, saved it, I proceed with the
verify and download.

IACC tells me that all blocks have been downloaded successfully, but
when I look at Fox Select I always find a number of missing blocks that
I have to delete from the CP one at a time and re-download. This cost a
good deal of time as well.

=20

Right now I think that IACC and XP to total crap for converting from
Solaris to XP!

=20

I can see where if you were doing a complete new system the IACC would
make building simple loops incredibly fast and easy, saving a huge
amount of time.

I hope that someone can help,

Troy =20

=20