[foxboro] How to start VNC & olwm on I/A

  • From: gop@xxxxxxxx
  • To: MUGARTET@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 18:33:02 +0530 (IST)

Thanks very much. That was exactly the problem.

The long command line had <CR> in between :
/usr/local/Xvnc -dontdisconnect -alwaysshared -fp $FONTPATH $DISPLAY -depth
$DEPTH -cc 3 -geometry $GEO $OPTS &

Regards,
GOPS
Aramco Mobil Refinery

MUGARTET@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 wrote
I don't think you need perl to use VNC, or at least I didn't.

On trying to connect, I had one problem that led to something similar to =
your case. In my case it was due to a poor use of "cut and paste": I =
copied the script (govnc.solaris) as I read it on the web page to a text =
file on my PC. Then I transferred it to the AW51D. I followed all the =
steps and ended up with a grey screen as you say. The problem was that =
some lines of the script were larger than the 70 chars where the notepad =
(or explorer?) insert a CR. I edited the script on the AW with vi and =
made the corrections. In particular, check the line that starts Xvnc =
(/usr/local/Xvnc -dontdisconnect ...) and the one that defines FONTPATH. =
Also pay attention to any other "missing" line that may need a comment =
(#).
Hope this helps.
Regards,

Mart=EDn