[foxboro] How to Import/Export/Instantiate typical configurations in ICC & FCS

  • From: "Quay B. Finefrock" <qbfinefrock@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 09:45:01 +0800

I am a bit new to the Foxboro I/A system and I am looking for a way to
perform a couple of engineering tasks in this system.  I hope that someone
here can point me in the right direction.
1.      If I configure a typical configuration in an offline FCS that
consists of a set of connected function blocks, can I export the entire
configuration from the FCS and import it to another FCS so that it does not
have to be re-configured/re-wired?
2.      In the FCS, if I have a typical configuration that consists of a set
of connected function blocks, can I instantiate copies of the configuration
in a way that leaves the function blocks wired up?

The site is currently migrating from ICC and I/A 6.11 to FCS and I/A 8.6.
For a while ICC will be used with the old system.  Do I have the ability to
import/export and instantiate typical configurations in ICC as well as FCS?

Regards,

Quay

Quay B. Finefrock
Singapore Phone: +65 9 327 2923