[foxboro] HIC's

  • From: "Lowell, Tim:" <tlowell@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 04:36:34 -0700

Thanks to all the suggestions I got to help me with these strange HIC's.
Since all the console guys like things the way they are (aside from this one
set of HIC's acting weird), I tried various things to see if I could first
correct, rather than re-design the problem.  It looks like re-ordering the
blocks on this scheme is working, or has worked for the last 16 hours
anyway.  I simply put the HV's before the HIC's in the block order, and it's
back to normal again.

I think if I had it to do over again, I would have not used PIDA's and used
AOUT faceplates for the HIC's.  That's all board HIC's really are, analog
out stations.  But since we had used PIDA's as HIC's in other applications
successfully, it seemed like a natural extension.  If we had started early
with the AOUT faceplates, the console guys would have gotten used to them
and it would be a much simpler loop.

Thanks again, everyone who responded.

Tim Lowell
Control Systems Engineer
Phillips Petroleum Company, Trainer Refinery
Phone:  610-364-8362
Fax:    610-364-8211
tlowell@xxxxxxxx