[foxboro] GE Fanuc PLC Interface

  • From: "Horlacher, Don" <DHorlacher@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 10:10:49 -0700

Dear List,
   I am trying to set up an AW51 as a software gateway for our GE Fanuc
PLC systems. Our I/A software is UNIX on Solaris version 4.3. I used the
Hardware/Software Definition 2.0 configuration tool and set up the box
as an AW51BX. This allowed me to choose "AGEENS" GE PLC E-Net +I/O (Sol)
in the software definition. That was the only choice for GE. When I did
a Day 0 installation from the commit diskette, the installation log
lists the following message: "AGEENS Load Application
Package...Cancelled". All other packages loaded fine, except for AIOSOL,
which was also cancelled.
   My questions: Is the AGEENS the correct software for communicating
with GE PLC's via an ethernet port on an AW51? If so, why did the
install fail?
Thank you,

Don Horlacher
Electrical/Control Engineer