[foxboro] FW: Running Manual Cable Test - Automatically?

  • From: "Shin, Won" <Won.Chul.Shin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2013 22:47:21 +0000

To Subscribers;

We have somewhat different issue but I'm wondering if someone knows how to run
Nodebus Cable test in a script file.

In our case we had a trouble with Nodebus Cable alarm resetting. After the NB
cable trouble resets System Alarm remains up and stays until you run Manual
Nodebus Cable test.

We are not allowing operator's access to NB cable test run through SMHD.

I need to let operator run this NB Cable test run from DCS operator screen with
one button click.

At least several times a year during the past 10 years, we had to call in DCS
technician to clear system alarm in the middle of the night.

Any comments or your advice would be appreciated.

Regards,

Won Shin of BC Hydro