[foxboro] FBM231 modbus with siemens

  • From: "FoxPat" <fox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 19:13:46 +0200

Dear list,

We're having some problems with a new modbus link.

FBM231, modbus driver version 1.1, scan-rate 0.5 seconds.

Reading coils and registers is no problem.

Writing coils works but after a certain amount of writes (just toggle of 1
BOUT) the complete link starts to fail intermittently (works for a few
seconds and then all smurfed for a few seconds, works again for a few
seconds, smurfs .. Etc).

Only a reset of the Siemens communication card (pull-push, there's no reset
button) solves the problem, but after several write attempts fails again.

Installed all the DCI IIN blocks for FBM port and device counters (as
described in the manual) but these don't help me much other then indicate
there are no CRC or framing errors. Scan time is only about 100 mSec.

I hope to install a modbus analyser tomorrow to see what is actually
happening.

Anybody had similar problems?

Any suggestions ?

Kind regards,