[foxboro] Alarm Tracking software

  • From: "Balmer, Robert D." <rbalmer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Foxboro DCS Mail List'" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 08:06:51 -0700

I was wondering what brands of software the Foxboro users have incorporated
into their systems to track, sort and manage alarms.
I have the Erus software at the moment and it does work well for just
collecting the alarms.  However, it has fallen upon my back to find a
software that will do much more.  The powers that be here want to know, by
plant area the alarms that have repeatedly been in the on state the previous
day, week, so on.  They want to be able to sort the alarms by equipment or
line should they choose.
I would like to find a software that would perhaps have a web like
connection so one computer can run the software and anyone in the several
control room could access the information.
Thank You
Robert Balmer
Climax Molybdenum Co.
Applications Analyst/Programmer