[foxboro] Access limits to AW

  • From: prakash@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 16:26:48 +0800

Dear lists,

I am working out of the control group and in the process of implementing a
number of advanced control strategies in the Fox AW/AP's that we have. In
order to do the configuration of the advanced strategies, we access VT100
sessions.  This means that I go in as root.  The systems outfit in our
company is a little worried that the access given to me is at root level.
Although I have tried my best to convince them that I shall avoid
initiating disasters, doom, plague, and the like..... from ever occuring,
their concern remains.

My question is simple, all of my work is in the /usr or /opt environment.
I know its possible to log in into a VT100 session into a default
directory, but is it possible to enable restricted access to specific
directories?

Rgds,
Prakash K.K.
Process Control, Malaysia LNG Sdn. Bhd.,
P.O. Box 89, 97007 Bintulu, Sarawak, Malaysia.
Tel : (60) 86-282237, Fax : (60) 86-252037
E-Mail (O) : prakash@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

 DISCLAIMER  : This e-mail and any files transmitted with it ("Message")
 is  intended  only  for the use of the recipient(s) named above and may
 contain  confidential  information.   You  are hereby notified that the
 taking  of  any action in reliance upon, or any review, retransmission,
 dissemination, distribution, printing or copying of this Message or any
 part thereof by anyone other than the intended recipient(s) is strictly
 prohibited.  If  you  have  received  this Message in error, you should
 Opinions, conclusions and other information in this Message that do not
 relate  to  the official business of PETRONAS or its Group of Companies
 shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by PETRONAS or any of
 the companies within the Group.

-- Type: application/octet-stream
-- File: pic09077.pcx