[foxboro] AW: Cisco switches vs Interesys

  • From: "Sieling, Marcel" <Marcel.Sieling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 14:41:56 -0400

Hi all wise and all knowing list,

Stan wrote:
> I'd like to hear from other users as to which direction they=20
> are going, or are planing on going on this.

Besides many possible causes of problems that I can't imagine as I'm =
not a
networking expert (and for sure not a foxboro mesh networking expert) =
it
might cause probles using unsupported switches with the communication =
with
system management. In system management each single port of the switch =
shows
up and can be disabled for system alarming in case there is nothing
connected to it. If all enabled ports are connected and healthy, the =
switch
shows white, if at least one enabled port is unhealthy, it shows yellow =
and
reports the failed ports on the system alarm printer.

This functionality might not work on unsupported switches, even when =
the
mesh communication might look good.

See http://www.powerslider.de/tmp/SMDH.gif for a screenshot of the SMDH
display (I/A version 8.0-b).