[foxboro] AIM historian data access

  • From: arbysmith@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 19:42:50 +0000

We have used the cpb2csv and gethist utilities available on the Casandra web
site for many years to extract data from our legacy historians on our Solaris
boxes.  However, at one plant, we are migrating to the mesh, Windows, and AIM
historian.  I looked initially at the propect of porting the gethist c program
to Windows, but do not relish the thought.  As an alternative, it appears that
one should be able to provide the functionality of gethist on Windows with
ActiveStates's perl implementation and the Win32::ODBC module.  Since my
efforts thus far have not been successful, I thought I would ask the list if
anyone has had any experience in this area.  If so, might you have some tips or
even code examples to help me on my way.  It was a bit of a search to find
documentation on the AIM ODBC driver (finally pieced some together from a
combination of AIM Datalink, AIM Historian, and the Report Package docs), and
the Win32::ODBC documentation is a little terse sometimes for a hac
 ker su
ch as myself.
Thanks,

Roger Smith