[forthepoor] Re: OCTOBER 4TH THE POOR MAN'S EVENING PORTION

  • From: mike mcinnis <ratmotor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
  • Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2022 19:12:01 -0400

Greetings sis Reis, et al;

Mr. Hawker speaks well upon this most sublime of subjects.  Truly the LORD has given unto HIS children MEAT to eat which the world knows not of.   Though HIS table is spread in clear view of all, only the halt, maimed, and blind are invited to HIS feast.   HE does make a supper of dainties which is exactly suited for the tastes of those poor beggars who are seated there.  "/And in this mountain shall the LORD of hosts make unto all people _a feast of fat things, a feast of wines on the lees, of fat things full of marrow, of wines on the lees well refined_. And he will destroy in this mountain the face of the covering cast over all people, and the vail that is spread over all nations. He will swallow up death in victory; and the Lord GOD will wipe away tears from off all faces; and the rebuke of his people shall he take away from off all the earth: for the LORD hath spoken it. And it shall be said in that day, Lo, this is our God; we have waited for him, and he will save us: this is the LORD; we have waited for him, we will be glad and rejoice in his salvation." (Isa 25:6-9/)

Blessings, mike

On 10/3/2022 2:23 PM, Soraya Reis wrote:

*"Man did eat angels' food." Psalm 78:25 *

*Yes, so he did, when the Lord rained down manna upon the people in the wilderness. But, my soul, what hast thou eaten, now thou hast. been at the table of thy Lord? What did Jesus there entertain thee with? "Wonder, O heavens, and be astonished, O earth!" Thou hast feasted upon the body and blood of Christ! And this is food which angels never ate, neither was such a feast ever prepared for them. Pause over this blessed subject, for it is enough to call up the wonder, praise, and love of all thine intellectual faculties for ever! *

*When man fell, the earth was made to bring forth thorns and thistles; this was all the inheritance then left us; man was to eat bread in the sweat of the brow. But Jesus interposeth, and removes the curse, in being made a "curse for us." The curse being removed by him and his cross, the earth is made to bring forth its blessings, and "wine that maketh glad the heart of man, and oil td make his face to shine, and bread which strengtheneth man's heart." But after this, who should have thought, yea, what imagination could have conceived an idea so wonderful and surpassingly rich in mercy, that Jesus should become the. bread of life, and the water of life, to his people; and feed them, as an heavenly pelican, with his own blood! *

*Think, my soul, of thy privileges; thou art unworthy, of the most common blessings of thine own table, which thy Lord hath provided; and yet Jesus feasts thee with the choicest of blessings of his. Thou hast merited nothing but "the cup of trembling;" but Jesus giveth thee the "cup of salvation." Thou art unworthy to gather up .the crumbs that fall from thy Lord's table; but Jesus seats thee at his table with himself, and bids thee eat and drink, "yea, drink abundantly, O beloved." Lord, I fall down under the deepest selfabasement at the recollection of thy grace and my undeservings. Oh thou precious, precious Jesus! this is not angels' food indeed, but above angels' food; yea, divine food; thy body and blood! "Lord! evermore give me this bread!" *

*Robert Hawker (1753-1827) *