[forthepoor] Re: NOVEMBER 4TH THE POOR MAN'S EVENING PORTION

  • From: mike mcinnis <ratmotor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
  • Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2022 20:31:57 -0400

Greetings sis Reis, et al;

  We are blessed in reading mr. Hawker's thoughts.   It is extremely difficult for men to grasp the concept that the LORD is the FIRST CAUSE of all events even as HE declared, "/I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things." (Isa 45:7)/, and yet men are completely accountable for their actions.  Whatsoever men sow that shall they also reap, even though their steps are ordered by the LORD.  Men are guilty before the law of GOD and have no excuse for their willing rebellion against the KING of Heaven.  Those who perish can blame no one but themselves since they have gladly disobeyed the Law of GOD.  Those who are saved can do nothing but fall upon their faces in thanks since they are as deserving of destruction as those who perish.  Only the grace of GOD is the difference. Yet those who are appointed unto eternal LIFE, inherit it because the curse of their sin has been laid upon CHRIST, who has gladly borne their guilt and paid their debt.

Blessings, mike

On 11/3/2022 7:21 PM, Soraya Reis wrote:

*"The curse causeless shall not come." Proverbs 26:2 *

*It is a sweet thought, that the prayer of the wicked is an abomination in the sight of the Lord. And surely the curse of the wicked cannot injure the righteous. But it is doubly blessed when a child of God finds a promising God, a performing God, in making their curses fall to the ground; yea, converting their very curses into blessings. Had not Joseph's brethren sold their brother, humanly speaking, how would he have arrived to the government of Egypt? Had not Haman planned the destruction of Mordecai, and for this purpose erected the gallows, though means would not have been wanting for his own destruction, yet the idea of hanging might not have entered the breast of the king. Yea, had not the Jews crucified the Lord Jesus, where would have been the triumph of the cross to his redeemed? *

*Learn, my soul, to be looking at these things; not by mere outward appearances, not by the event of the moment, but by the final issue and termination of things. "The curse causeless shall not come." This is quite enough for every believer. Jesus will prevent, or over-rule, or make it minister the very reverse of what the enemy designed. It shall be frustrated, or it shall be sanctified, or it shall be productive of salutary effects, like medicated waters, that by running over certain properties of the earth, have their nature changed, and become wholesome and healing. Lord! cause me to repose in thee, and if the enemy curse, do thou but bless, and all his causeless anger will then be as nothing. *

*Robert Hawker (1753-1827) *