[floss-cec] Re: new

  • From: "Alan Haggai Alavi" <alanhaggai@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: floss-cec@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 00:33:32 +0530

Friends,

*ntfs-3g* allows reading from, and writing to NTFS partitions.

Regards,
Alan.

On 11/12/06, Pramod <xpramodp@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Good work Sheshu...

Here's a trivial one, but useful for newbies..
You can enable read/write permissions for vfat (Windoze FAT32) partitions
during auto-mount by modifying the /etc/fstab file:

/dev/hda1       /mnt/windoze    vfat    umask=000       0   0

where /dev/hda1 is the windoze (vfat) partition to be mounted r/w at boot.

This action might generate warning messages, but nothing so serious.

We cannot set an NTFS partition to read/write mode, however, we can mount
it read-only. Add the following line in /etc/fstab:

/dev/hda1       /mnt/windows    ntfs    umask=0222      0  0

where /dev/hda1 is the windoze (ntfs/hpfs) partition to be mounted at boot

--
Regards,
Pramod P

[+919495228505]
"Value your freedom, or you will lose it, teaches history"
         - Richard M Stallman