[floss-cec] Re: [fsug-kochi-discuss] Install and run Ubuntu without disturbing Windows

  • From: "Binulal Narayanan" <binulal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: floss-cec@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 16:18:33 +0530

Well, it helps when one has to evaluate things! Looks like a BeOS install!

On 1/21/07, Githin Alapatt <githin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

True, Sivan, you dont understand the main point with FLOSS. We are not
finding a way to promote windows or something. We are trying to trash
it. So we dont want a method to use both. You must first of all make
your favourite OS GNU/Linux, then you will understand. :-)

On 1/21/07, Anivar Aravind <anivar.aravind@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Want to take Linux for a spin? Forget partitions, dual-boot setups and
live
> > CDs: The new Ubuntu Windows installer lets you run the Linux distro
while
> > keeping the rest of your system intact. In other words, it's like a
live CD
> > without the CD. Just run the installer, which in turn downloads a disk
image
> > of Ubuntu (actually, your choice of four Ubuntu distros), and then
reboot
> > your PC. Choose the desired boot option from the menu that appears,
and
> > presto: You're running Linux. This is a working prototype, not a
finished
> > product, so user beware. It didn't work on my Vista box (I discovered
after
> > the fact that Vista isn't supported yet), but it ran like a gem on an
XP

--
Cheers :-)
githinATgmailDOTcom
College of Engineering Chengannur
floss-cec@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
//www.freelists.org/list/floss-cec

--
The more "why"s I ask about my self, the more mysterious it becomes.

Binulal N
Pune, India