[financeboyz] europe investments

  • From: Radhesh <crypticrod@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: financeboyz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 21:24:22 -0800 (PST)

Hi friends,

  If you could share your ideas on these, it would be
great.

I do not want all my savings lost in some stupid war
by these moronic warmongers. The conditions in India
are good but it will be difficult to convert back to
$$ in case the economy turns around. I feel that
investing in Europe is by far the safest.
What do you have to say about this. Further I gather
that Germany, Britain and Netherlands are the stable
economies of Europe. Am I right? Will it be possible
for a foreigner like me to invest in those markets -
buy some CDs/bonds/funds .. Do you have any experience
with these?

What is the rate to expect? Is there a website
detailing all these? In US the current banking rate is
atmost 2.35% and bonds is 4.1%. In India it is as high
as 10.67% and 2%inflation for the past 2 yrs but we
have slid as much as 5% in some of the previous years.

www.treas.org and www.savingsbond.com are sites that
list fundas about US bond investment and anybody can
do it with a credit card. Is there some equivalent of
this in Europe in English that you know or can find
out about?

-Thanks in advance,
Radhesh

http://mailplus.yahoo.com