[financeboyz] Re: W-8BEN question

  • From: "Radhesh Mohandas" <financerod@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: financeboyz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, knagaraj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2003 20:27:58 -0700

Yeah, I remembered filling up something like this when I opened my a/c with
financial cafe when I was a student. At that time your days are exempt and you
are a non resident. Once on H1 you become a resident for tax purposes and my
guess is you do not need this. Atleast they did not ask me to fill it when I
opened an IRA with Scottrade.