[financeboyz] An Engineer is a scientist who understands economics

  • From: "Radhesh Mohandas" <financerod@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: shreemoy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, financeboyz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 13:07:46 -0700

Dear Friends,

Over the past few months I have been reading stuff and getting attracted
towards economic theories. As engineers, we should probably have a basic
knowledge of keynesianism and market theory and have decided to further
investigate into the subject. I have short listed some of the economists whose
fundas are worth knowing and picked some famous books. If any one of you have
read these or want to add/comment on any of the books/authors, I can provide
you with some motivation. Also reading these and digesting the stuff is a hard
task and I am looking for volunteers to work in tandem with me on the reading
so that we can discuss and cross reference - so that we get a clearer picture
of the truth.

Books:
The Road to Serfdom
The Wealth of Nations
Free to Choose
Rise of the western world
Price Theory
The sensory order
The economics of time and ignorane
Natural value

Economists:
Hayek
Miton Friedman
Adam Smith
Irving Fisher
Ludwig von Mises
Friedrich Von Wieser
Karl Marx

Outgrown your current e-mail service?
Get a 25MB Inbox, POP3 Access, No Ads and No Taglines with LYCOS MAIL PLUS.
http://login.mail.lycos.com/brandPage.shtml?pageId=plus