[fenrir-screenreader] initial emacspeak driver for fenrir

  • From: chrys@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: fenrir-screenreader@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2018 16:27:33 +0200

Howdy list,

i just want to share some of my current work:
1. we have an initial working emacspeak speech driver. So it can use a installed and configured emacspeak installation to generate speech. (afaik this also makes some hardware synths available to fenrir). so if you want to test :).
2. move PTY emulation to its own process to not lock fenrir and improve performance here. I still fight a file descriptor issue here. but first this is resolved this should work.
3. say all is still a progress. i made an conzept here and start some initial code. it is in early stages and not runnable yet.

i hope to finish this work in a couple of days/ weeks. (Depends on my job too)

cheers chrys

IRC Live Support:
Network: irc.linux-a11y.org
Room: #a11y