[fenrir-screenreader] Re: Where is suposed to be found the Python speechd module?

  • From: Cleverson Casarin Uliana <clul@xxxxx>
  • To: fenrir-screenreader@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2020 12:30:05 -0300

Hi all, I have set the PYTHONPATH variable as per suggested by Chris, and now it soft of works. Actually, the only way for fenrir to speak anything is when I activate it via SSh from another machine. If I activate it from the keyboard connected to the RPI itself, it plays the sound icons, but speaks nothing. When I activate it through SSH, I can verify that it prints an error message each time it plays a sound icon, and doesn't come back to the prompt unless I deactivate it by pressing control-c, so it may be the problem. The error message is this:
play WARN alsa: can't encode 0-bit Unknown or not applicable

Any hint on solving this please?

Thanks,
Cleverson
IRC Live Support: