[fenrir-screenreader] Re: Updating Fenrir

  • From: chrys@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: fenrir-screenreader@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2020 14:26:58 +0100

Howdy James,

glad to see you here :). How are you doing? sorry for beeing very unresponsive right now. a lot of happenings around me.

About Fenrir and git:
Fenrir doesnt need an installation on your computer to startup. so you can just clone it and start it just from git folder tree. This is useful for developing stuff for it.
but what you need is the dependencies installed. this is going to happen by typing the following inside the fenrir git tree:

sudo pip3 install -r requirements.txt

maybe you need to install pip3 first. its the python package manager.
See here (maybe the readme would need some love from an native speaker lol):
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/chrys87/fenrir/master/README.md

right after that you can just run
sudo src/fenrir (to run fenrir in foreground) or
sudo src/fenrir-daeomon (to run fenrir as background daeomen)

or spawn it in an PTY as used in terminal emulations like gnome-terminal (take care about differend key bindings here)
sudo fenrir -e

cheers chrys

Zitat von James Austin <james.londonsw15@xxxxxxxxx>:

Hi everyone

I've just pulled the latest Fenrir master from Git. Is it enough ot simply run install.sh to update Fenrir or is there something else I should be doing?

Thanks

Best wishes

James

IRC Live Support: