[fenrir-screenreader] Re: Unable to install fenrir in arch linux

  • From: "Ishe Chinyoka" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> ("ishechinyoka")
  • To: fenrir-screenreader@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2022 09:33:59 +0200

I had to download the fenrir from the AUR and do

makepkg -S fenrir

Of course for each of the missing dependencies, I had to check out which
from the build or runtime dependencies. You can also try using the yay
utility which I found reliable in pulling dependencies on your behalf.
So doing something like:

yay -S fenrir

will have yay check from the AUR and install Fenrir along with any
required dependencies.

Cheers,

Ishe

On Thu, Jan 27, 2022 at 12:44  <pranav.lal@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi all,

I am following the installation guide to install Fenrir on arch Linux. It is
failing at the building of python ebdev.
What are the steps to install Fenrir on arch?
I have done the export PKGBUILD AUR
Them sudo pip install Fenrir-screenreader

Pranav

IRC Support:
Network: irc.linux-a11y.org
Room: #a11y

--
Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws.
- Plato (427-347 B.C.)