[fenrir-screenreader] Re: Sharing scripts for Fenrir

  • From: Linux A11y <chrys@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fenrir-screenreader@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2021 00:00:46 +0100

Howdy Ishe,
Awsome! This is for sure useful to others. I‘m all in with having a central place for storing  scripts and addons. Let me create an repo on github for that.
By the way :), are you using a Desktop on your linux machine? If yes, maybe are you using Orca? If yes, do you know that you can use your script with orca as well using SOPS ( simple orca plugin system)? I created that years ago and used it as base for fenrirs script executor (so those are very compatible but some details).
https://github.com/chrys87/simple-orca-plugin-system
https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Simple_Orca_Plugin_System
https://github.com/chrys87/SOPS-Plugins
Cheers chrys

Am 18.12.2021 um 23:19 schrieb Ishe Chinyoka <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Hi Storm,

Thanks for that link to your scripts. I also support the idea that there
should be a central repository where users can post their scripts.

As for now, I only have one script that I wrote out of desperation to
get battery status. Let me try sending it as an attachment, perhaps you
can also add it to your other scripts. Or, others may find it useful as
well.

Thanks,

Ishe

On Sat, Dec 18, 2021 at 10:19  Storm Dragon <storm_dragon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Howdy Ishe,

You could create a git repository of your scripts. I have one at:

https://git.2mb.codes/~stormdragon2976/fenrir-plugins

Although, now that I think about it, maybe we should have an "official" script repository on github. Most people are familiar with the github fork and pull request system, so that may be the way to go. Then you could fork the repository, add scripts, and do a pull request. It would make it easier to have a central place to send people to for scripts.

Thanks,
Storm

On Sat, Dec 18, 2021 at 10:07:35PM +0200, Ishe Chinyoka wrote:
Hi list,

Thanks for this scriptable screen-reader! After going through the
manual
and using Fenrir for the past six months, I wrote a one-liner
battery status-checking script. Is there a way to share it with the
community?

I allocated the letter B to it, so pressing the Script Key+B announces
the battery status.

TIA,

-- Ishe

Sent from my Slint 14.2.1 box using Emacs 27.2 Mu4e mail client.
IRC Live Support:
Network: irc.linux-a11y.org
Room: #a11y