[fenrir-screenreader] Re: Fenrir on Raspberry Pi 3

  • From: Fernando Botelho <Fernando.Botelho@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: fenrir-screenreader@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2018 12:47:53 -0200

Thank you very much for your help with this Chrys.

You probably do not even need this, but here is info on the image we are using.

To download a recent version of the F123 Light image, please visit:
<http://www.iavit.org/~f123/downloads/F123Light-18.01.06.img.zip>

The sha1sum signature for this image can be found here:
<http://www.iavit.org/~f123/downloads/F123Light-18.01.06.img.zip.sha1sum>

Developers interested in the sourcecode used to create F123 Light
images, can find that code here. This will build the very latest version:
<https://www.github.com/f123/F123Light>

Best,

Fernando

On 01/25/2018 10:51 AM, chrys@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Howdy Kyle,

i found the blogpost written by panav:
http://techesoterica.com/?p=935
he made fenrir running on the pi. maybe you found some useful information there.
i will take a look at this problem today.
I have an RasPI 3 at home.

cheers chrys

Zitat von Kyle <kyle@xxxxxxxx>:

I have heard that some people have gotten Fenrir running smoothly on a Raspberry Pi. Is this 2 or 3? I'm having a strange problem on Pi 3. I see huge delays while typing whenever Fenrir grabs the keyboard, making it nearly impossible to use the Pi in text mode, although shortcut keys seem to be unaffected. If I reconfigure Fenrir so that it doesn't grab the keyboard, of course shortcut keys don't work at all, but typing is not delayed. I have tested this using both wired and wireless keyboards. one of my tests involved setting device=NOMICE with both a wired and wireless keyboard plugged into the Pi. Configured in that way, the wired keyboard is very badly delayed, but the wireless keyboard, which is for some reason detected by Fenrir as a mouse, possibly because it is in fact a separate keyboard and mouse with a single receiver, exhibits no typing delay, though the Fenrir shortcuts don't work. My best guess is that something is fighting Fenrir for control of the keyboard, but I'm finding nothing. Looking at the eventManager and input code, I can see nothing that should cause such a delay. Thanks much for any help resolving this issue.
Imetumwa kutoka paka yako
Website: https://linux-a11y.org
Wiki: https://wiki.linux-a11y.org/doku.php?id=fenrir
Code: https://github.com/chrys87/fenrir