[fenrir-screenreader] Autosuspend of Fenrir with startx

  • From: "Ishe Chinyoka" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> ("ishechinyoka")
  • To: fenrir-screenreader@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2022 17:10:30 +0200

Hi,

I like the setting of autosuspend of fenrir in given virtual consoles.
However, recently I'd been launching my graphical desktop using the
startx approach. Thus, I log into TTY 2 for instance and then type
startx.

The problem is, even though the graphical desktop comes up, I will still
continue to get the feedback from Fenrir. So lately I had resorted to
suspending Fenrir in tty 2 where I launch my startx.

My question is, Is there a way to autosuspend Fenrir when startx is
being launched? If there is, how can I do this? Or can this be added as
a feature in future releases of Fenrir?

I am on Arch Linux, and startx will be running the mate desktop. So in
my .xinitrc I just have this line:

exec mate-session

Are there any other parameters that I can enter?

TIA,

--
Ishe

Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws.
- Plato (427-347 B.C.)
IRC Live Support:
Network: irc.linux-a11y.org
Room: #a11y