Yesterday, we were trying without success to move a file from folder to
folder within Dropbox. As promised, I tried it myself this morning and
managed after some effort!
It does work but you need to be aware that Dropbox is trying to anticipate
what you are doing and offers you a target location that it thinks might be
the one you want.
Here are the steps:
1. Open the Dropbox app on the IOS device;
2. Find the file you want to move by selecting and double tapping on
the folder where it now lives;
3. The "files" dialog opens. The actual list of files is far down in
this dialogue. I swiped 12 times to find the first file in the folder, so be
4. You will hear Voiceover say "Actions available" immediately after
hearing the file name. Check that the rotor is on "Actions" .IOS will switch
you to "Actions" automatically so you should find that you are in the right
place on the rotor already.
5. Swipe down with one finger through the various actions until you
find "Move" then double tap with one finger
6. This opens the "Move File" dialog which offers you various choices.
Swipe right past the first four or five options until you come to a list of
7. You will notice that Dropbox offers only two folders in this
screen. Swipe again to "Choose a different folder" if you don't want either
of the folders being offered;
8. A new screen opens. Swipe about six times to get to the new list of
all the folders in your Dropbox;
9. Double tap on the folder you want to move to. This opens a dialog
to "Choose a Destination" that offers details about the folder that you have
10. Swipe to the very last item which is a button to let you "Set
location" and double tap;
11. This opens the "Move file" dialog that we had earlier but now pointing
at the folder you want. Swipe right to the "Move" button and double tap;
12. You are done!
The description is very long but the actions are probably quick enough when
you get to know them!
Let us know how you get on.
All the best,
m +353 (0)833323487 Ph: _353 (0)1-2864623 e: cearbhall.omeadhra@xxxxxxx
The fb-exchange mailing list
Manage account, subscribe or unsubscribe:
Administrative contact: insight@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx