[fb-exchange] Apple pulls iOS 8.0.1 update after reports of network service loss

  • From: "Dominique Farrell" <hollyandopal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ireland VIP News" <irelandvipnews@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2014 15:50:18 +0100

Apple has pulled its iOS 8.0.1 patch, which was designed to fix several bugs,
after users lost network service as a result of the update.
Handset holders took to Twitter to report the problem, also complaining that
the update stopped Touch ID from working.

An Apple spokesperson has said: "We have received reports of an issue with the
iOS 8.0.1 update. We are actively investigating these reports and will provide
information as quickly as we can. In the meantime we have pulled back the iOS
8.0.1 update."

iOS 8.0.1 was rolled out to address a number of issues, including a bug
affecting Apple's HealthKit apps.

Errors with third-party keyboards were also ironed out by the update, while an
issue that blocked some apps from accessing photos from the Photo Library was
fixed as well.