[familyschool] notes from tonight's meeting

  • From: Alexandrea Spencer Kouame <spencerad@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "familyschool@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <familyschool@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2014 02:18:59 +0000

See below in purple for a brief summary of tonight's meeting and next steps.
Thanks.

Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2014 17:31:02 -0500
Subject: [familyschool] Re: Meeting tonight at 7pm
From: brymarmacpag@xxxxxxxxx
To: familyschool@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello Everyone!

Jef and I will come tonight but we will be late. At our meetings at school
today we came up with some jobs that parents who are willing and able might be
able to help with. Here is the list:

Parent Jobs:

Parent committee could
create a postcard stating that SSFS is accepting applications, would only be
sent to the Southside zip code. Jess Sundin will work with teachers to draft
postcard and will help coordinate.  Instead of mailing the postcards,
volunteers will canvas the neighborhood.

Does anyone else know
Results Plus? Alexandrea is familiar with several donor databases although not
this one specifically.  Alexandrea will connect with Sherri.  Flo would like to
be involved in donor outreach.

Parents who can help Mel
finalize grants? (Whole Foods grants, Target grants, ect…)Jessica F sent email
stating she can help with this.

General volunteers from
parents who are able to help

Skill list from parents - Jess Sundin is collecting skill list.  She will
compile the list as a resource guide for teachers.
There is a small group who is starting the work of a parent organization.  The
first step would be to ask the Board at this Saturday's meeting for permission
to start group and send out school communication to invite parents to the
inaugural meeting which could be mid July.  Clemma is spearheading this group.
The group tabled discussion on a special meeting.  Lola will be reaching out to
the 14 people who called the meeting to get input on whether those members want
to proceed with the special meeting or not.
Thanks everyone and see you tonight! Thank you all for everything!!!!

Brynne

On Mon, Jun 9, 2014 at 3:57 PM, Lynette Malles <lynettemalles@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Am I mentioned at the picnic I can't make it to Monday mtgs. but please pass
along any tasks I could help with like phoning, follow-up research, writing,
whatever. Thanks for carrying on post-victory! Lynette

Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2014 15:37:14 -0500
Subject: [familyschool] Meeting tonight at 7pm
From: jess.sundin@xxxxxxxxx
To: familyschool@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello all,
We did agree that we would meet tonight, at 7pm at 4200 Cedar Ave, Minneapolis.
While the sense of urgency had passed, there is still a great deal of work to
get Family School back on a sound footing before fall. Tonight, we can figure
out how to keep ourselves organized over the summer, hear from the teachers
what concrete help is needed now, and begin to address our plans going forward.
And of course, we can pay each other on the backs for a job well done do far!
We also need to make plans to invite the expanded involvement of all the
school's families.

I will make sure folks can get in & out of the building tonight, but I'm not up
for the job of chairing. Any willing volunteers?
Abrazos,Jess (the short)