[familyschool] Re: Community confusion- teachers can you write another letter ?

  • From: "Jeffrey Jones, LICSW" <jeffjones@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: familyschool@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 31 May 2014 18:33:00 -0500

This is always the language that bosses use. The whole "we are all one family" so do not get upset. As an IWW union member I have seen this time after time. If the workers are upset then they are the ones causing the trouble but if it is the boss or executive causing the trouble they are not held to the same standards of "breaking up the family". Anyways I will stop here as I am not sure if this is helpful.

Jeff (father of Poppy)

On 5/31/14, 6:06 PM, Trish Lynne Deutsch wrote:
FYI, this is what Bill Hart posted (public status, so I feel ok copying/pasting), so I think this is likely the "sentiment" of Toni's supporters. Good to know what their line of thinking is, IMO.

"I never go on rants but I have to write something on this subject. My kids and wife went to Southside Family School and my grandson currently goes there. I've been on the school board and was an executive member. I helped the school become a charter school and have been a long time donor. I have loved the school and the teachers, I am proud of my kids going there and always recommended the school. If fact I've also had my nephews, nieces, and friends kids attend the school. I have over 20 years involvement with the school. But over the last month I've been embarrassed for the school which prides it self on social justice, community, and family. Right now some longtime teachers and parents are not living up to the values of the school and have thrown out community and family. They are acting on one agenda and not listening to anyone that doesn't have their opinion or respecting the current board's decision. At least 3 of the board members have been involved with the school for over 15 years each either as parents or students. I trust these board members in making the right decision for the health of the school. I have actually served with 2 of these board members. I don't know all the details behind either side of this issue but I do trust the board does and it's time that these teachers and upset parents come back to the school and respect the process and decision of the board and help heal the community and the families effected by the decision. I'm not looking for a debate or open more wounds, rather heal the school before more damage is done. Remember the school's name "Southside Family School" that's what the teachers, staff, and parents should remember. That is why I sent my kids there, recommended the school, gave my time to the school, and give money to the school. Not "Southside Half-Family School""

Best,

Trish

On Sat, May 31, 2014 at 5:22 PM, bmarget macpag <brymarmacpag@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:brymarmacpag@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Hi!

    We are writing a letter now that will be shared with the board and
    anyone else who is at the meeting on Tuesday. I don't think we
    should send it out before the meeting. Is that soon enough? Should
    we make sure to invite those parents to the Tuesday meeting?

    Thanks Jessica!
    Brynne

    On Sat, May 31, 2014 at 4:46 PM, Jessica Flannigan
    <jessflan@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:jessflan@xxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

        Hey All,

        In talking with other parents, I'm hearing LOTS of confusion
        and sadness about how this all has been dealt with.
        Specifically dissatisfaction with the ultimatum letter and how
        that was not at all in line with family school teachings.
        Having heard the teachers stories at the meetings this week, I
        see the missing links that most parents don't have access to.
        Would the teachers consider writing another letter to families
        explaining how it got this far? I think that would help. If
        that is not a good idea for legal reasons, how about a letter
        inviting parents to contact their teachers and talk about
        their concerns?

        Jessica

        Sent from my iPhone

        On May 31, 2014, at 10:05 AM, "rsafree" <rsafree@xxxxxxx
        <mailto:rsafree@xxxxxxx>> wrote:

        I love that quote, and firmly believe it as truth! That
        should definitely be one of the visuals.

        From my Android phone on T-Mobile. The first nationwide 4G
        network.