Faculty Films newsletter Across the Universe

  • From: <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <facultyfilms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2010 11:50:50 +0200 (CEST)

Hey y'all movie-lovers!

Faculty Films is back!

We took a pretty long break but from tonight's night on we will be
coming right after you with the best the movie scene has to offer. Be
prepared for another year of free movies on a big screen, every Tuesday
night at 21:00 at the Cultural Centre. Bring all your friends and and be
sure to share your own ideas for movies to show in the future!

Furthermore, our team is still looking for reinforcements in any kind.
Not only for fresh movie ideas, but also for helping out on a movie
night or setting up extra activities for our group. So if somebody is
interested in joining the team, please inform one of the team members on
a movie night.

As for tonight, for our kick-off for this new season, we have the
splendid and astonishing musical drama "Across the Universe" for you.
This master-piece shows us the stories and settings of 33 songs from The
Beatles, performed by the delicately selected cast. To be honest, at
first I was one of the critics that thought you should not mess around
with the music of The Beatles. Too many tried, too many failed. But
watching this movie I really felt different. It all feels just right,
come see it for yourself!

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inE3M2Cjlw4&hd=1

Across The Universe is a fictional love story set in the 1960s amid the
turbulent years of anti-war protest, the struggle for free speech and
civil rights, mind exploration and rock and roll. At once gritty,
whimsical and highly theatrical, the story moves from high schools and
universities in Massachusetts, Princeton and Ohio to the Lower East Side
of Manhattan, the Detroit riots, Vietnam and the dockyards of Liverpool.
A combination of live action and animation, the film is paired with many
songs by The Beatles that defined the time.

Language: English
Subtitles: English
Genre: Adventure / Drama / Musical / Romance

Source: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0445922/

See you this Tuesday evening the 7th of September!

Cultural Centre, Mekelweg 10, Delft @ 21:00!