Faculty Films newsletter

  • From: <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <facultyfilms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 11:43:33 +0200 (CEST)

Hey y'all,

A note from the organisation: Tonight FacultyFilms will be held in room
002 of the Cultural Centre instead of our normal hideout, but to
compensate we will provide in free popcorn.

So, tonight we'll show you "Persepolis"!

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOHQaxORMgQ&hd=1

In 1970s Iran, Marjane 'Marji' Statrapi watches events through her young
eyes and her idealistic family of a long dream being fulfilled of the
hated Shah's defeat in the Iranian Revolution of 1979. However as Marji
grows up, she witnesses first hand how the new Iran, now ruled by Islamic
fundamentalists, has become a repressive tyranny on its own. With Marji
dangerously refusing to remain silent at this injustice, her parents send
her abroad to Vienna to study for a better life. However, this change
proves an equally difficult trial with the young woman finding herself in
a different culture loaded with abrasive characters and profound
disappointments that deeply trouble her. Even when she returns home, Marji
finds that both she and homeland have changed too much and the young woman
and her loving family must decide where she truly belongs.

Language: English
Subtitles: English
Genre: Animation/Biography/Drama/War

Source: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0808417/