I see some issues here.
When you load a song, the studio set selected at the moment that you saved
that song will be recalled.
If you have saved something on Song #4 or other, all adjustments you have
made in Studio Set might be lost after loading a song.
If you want to start a new song, without change Studio Set settings, into
the SEQUENCER screen, perform the following steps :
1. Hold SHIFT and press button BASS/SYNTHBASS/#3 below the screen
2. It will show the SONG UTIL menu with the following items:
1. Song Clear
2. Song Name
3. Time Signature
4. Track Settings
5. Export Song
6. Import SMF
3. First item is already on focus, if you press ENTER button, it will
ask confirmation to clear all sequencer contents
4. Confirm pressing the button BRASS/WIND/#6 below the screen
5. Now you have an empty song!
Em qua, 9 de jun de 2021 23:46, Thanh <tommy@xxxxxxxxxxx> escreveu:
I hope I do this right. Hopefully you can correct me on this.
1. I already select the drum sounds.
2. I press the SEQUENCER button.
3. I press the SONG SELECT button.
4. I went down 4 times to blank.
5. I press enter on that.
Is it right? This is the part I dont know I did it right or not.
*From:* faaccess-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:
faaccess-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] *On Behalf Of *Marcelo Fernandes
*Sent:* Wednesday, June 9, 2021 5:04 PM
*Subject:* [faaccess] Instructions - Quantize for Recording
See the instructions to setup the Quantize on recording Dialog:
1. Press RECORD button to open a Recording Dialog box
2. First field on the top left corner is the COUNT IN to start
recording, options are OFF, 1 MEASURE, 2 MEASURE, and WAIT NOTE
3. Press the RIGHT button to go to the INPUT QUANTIZE field, where
options are OFF, GRID, and SHUFFLE.
4. If you choose GRID for INPUT QUANTIZE, two fields below will be
shown: RESOLUTION and STRENGTH
5. If you choose SHUFFLE for INPUT QUANTIZE, two fields below will be
shown: RESOLUTION and RATE
6. Press DOWN button to navigate to next fields
7. RESOLUTION field for GRID selected has the following options for:
1. 1/32 of tempo,
2. 1/24 of tempo,
3. 1/16 of tempo,
4. 1/12 of tempo,
5. 1/8 of tempo,
6. 1/6 of tempo, and
7. 1/4 of tempo.
1. RESOLUTION field for SHUFFLE selected has the following options for:
1. 1/16 of tempo, and
2. 1/8 of tempo.
1. STRENGTH and RATE fields has values from 0% up to 100% in steps off
I've never used this feature, but it seems to me that Roland offers two
algorithms for quantization.
In the manual, it says that GRID is more for accurate timing as drums or
bass, while SHUFFLE is when you need a bouncy rhythm such as shuffle or
Tell me if you need more help on this topic, ok ?
On Tue, Jun 8, 2021 at 3:52 PM Thanh <tommy@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I would like to quantize during recording. I agreed with Vince on board
harder to work with. But I can memorize thing where to go. That’s what I
did on Yamaha Tyros3. I memorize everything on there.
That would be awesome if you can have the instructions for that. I’m
grateful for what you done so far to help us!!!