I will!! Thank you so much!!! I’m going to try it out right now!!!!
From: faaccess-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:faaccess-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On ;
Behalf Of Marcelo Fernandes
Sent: Wednesday, June 9, 2021 5:04 PM
Subject: [faaccess] Instructions - Quantize for Recording
See the instructions to setup the Quantize on recording Dialog:
1. Press RECORD button to open a Recording Dialog box
2. First field on the top left corner is the COUNT IN to start recording,
options are OFF, 1 MEASURE, 2 MEASURE, and WAIT NOTE
3. Press the RIGHT button to go to the INPUT QUANTIZE field, where options
are OFF, GRID, and SHUFFLE.
4. If you choose GRID for INPUT QUANTIZE, two fields below will be shown:
RESOLUTION and STRENGTH
5. If you choose SHUFFLE for INPUT QUANTIZE, two fields below will be
shown: RESOLUTION and RATE
6. Press DOWN button to navigate to next fields
7. RESOLUTION field for GRID selected has the following options for:
1. 1/32 of tempo,
2. 1/24 of tempo,
3. 1/16 of tempo,
4. 1/12 of tempo,
5. 1/8 of tempo,
6. 1/6 of tempo, and
7. 1/4 of tempo.
8. RESOLUTION field for SHUFFLE selected has the following options for:
1. 1/16 of tempo, and
2. 1/8 of tempo.
9. STRENGTH and RATE fields has values from 0% up to 100% in steps off 1%
I've never used this feature, but it seems to me that Roland offers two
algorithms for quantization.
In the manual, it says that GRID is more for accurate timing as drums or bass,
while SHUFFLE is when you need a bouncy rhythm such as shuffle or swing.
Tell me if you need more help on this topic, ok ?
On Tue, Jun 8, 2021 at 3:52 PM Thanh <tommy@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I would like to quantize during recording. I agreed with Vince on board
sequencer harder to work with. But I can memorize thing where to go. That’s
what I did on Yamaha Tyros3. I memorize everything on there.
That would be awesome if you can have the instructions for that. I’m grateful
for what you done so far to help us!!!