[eyeswideopennetwork] Re: Network Worship Event on 6th April

  • From: rowley sims <rowleysims@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <eyeswideopennetwork@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 21:53:13 +0000

Hi Andy,

I am willing to play a bit of guitar, I'm sure it would be good to have a
couple of people playing over that time period, I don't think I will be able to
do an hour and a half myself! Do you think there will be any chance of
organising a rehearsal at all, just because I don't have too much experience
playing with other people. Well anyway I'm sure I will be fine! If theres
people with more experience then not a problem but I'm up for it if the need is
there!

Best wishes

Rowley

Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 20:12:45 +0000
Subject: [eyeswideopennetwork] Network Worship Event on 6th April
From: doctorcraig@xxxxxxxxx
To: eyeswideopennetwork@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello network.
In just over 2 weeks, on Wednesday evening, we'll be having another Network
meeting which has been designated an evening of 'Worship'.

The intimation is clearly that there will be some music and singing, and indeed
there will be, but that's not all! no no no...

Basically we need a few people to contribute to it, as well as being a part of
it. There is more than one way to do this.

1. Musicians; we could do with a few people who are keen and able to play as
part of the band (there will not be a panel of judges).
Please email me back (hit "reply", not "reply all" so we don't spam everyone
for the next 2 weeks) if you are interested. Obviously though if I get about a
million people all emailing back then I will have to say no to some as I'm not
capable of conducting a small orchestra. And we already have a keyboard player.
Of particular use would be; drums, bass, singers. However, more unusual
instruments could be fun too.

2. Other stuff; technically Worship isn't just singing songs, and we'd like a
break in the middle so we aren't singing for an hour and a half straight. If
you feel strongly that there's something you'd like to bring to the evening in
order that we can all worship God through it then send me an email too.
Of particular interest would be some people to pray; there's some heavy stuff
going on in Japan and Libya, and undoubtedly in our own lives as well. Oh, and
in Leeds. We're supposed to be loving Leeds don't forget.
However, it'd be cool if there were some different ideas that we could do,
maybe some things involving interaction with each other... just send me your
ideas!

Lastly; please pray about your involvement; you might not feel immediately that
you can contribute, but I assure you you can, but also please pray that your
ideas would bring glory to God and if you're not sure if they will... probably
just save them for another time perhaps!

Please email if anyone has any questions/ideas/suggestions.

Thanks in advance,
and apologies if I plague your inbox for the next week at all.
Andy Craig
(xxx)