RE: why would this happen/

  • From: "Michael B. Smith" <michael@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 12:18:55 -0400

Do you have an SMTP connector defining where outgoing email should flow?

Were the NICs on the same network, or different networks? Who had the
default gateway and who didn't? (If both did, then stop diagnosis right
there...)

All of my Exchange servers have at least two NICs (a public facing NIC
and a backup-network NIC). No problems whatsoever.