RE: why we need SMTP server??

  • From: "Allen, Chris" <CAllen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 11:42:55 -0400

We use forwarders for such tasks. Jim, our lead forwarder, says that it
takes a lot of patience and a good HMO (due to excessive paper cuts) but
the job is a pretty secure one.

Speaking of secure, why would you ever need public or private keys when
you can always used armed courier and flash paper? If someone tries to
hijack it, the paper incinerates. Yeah, you lose the paper and probably
the courier, but here in corporate America, we call it collateral
damage. I suppose an electronic form of secure mail might keep all of
those bleeding heart liberals quiet about unnecessary loss of life, but
who are we kidding here? Such a thing is light-years from even a
conceptual phase.

We do occasionally get mail that is addressed incorrectly though. Kind
of messes up the whole system. We finally decided to hire someone to
take these messages and store them in a bad mail bin until we can later
figure out how to best handle them. Worse than that though is all of the
junk mail. We are calling it spam now, because the first one we got was
from Hormel. It sucks having to read through all of this junk mail to
separate the official from the spam. I guess there will be another
couple of job openings at stone-age inc.

If anyone knows of some sort of program or automated system, (maybe with
robots) that would do all of this for us, I'd really like to know of it.
The savings would be great. Not to mention how it would knock Jim off of
his high horse.